Skaneateles Library Trustees voted in September 2016 to explore the opportunity to relocate and expand the library. The community-led planning and design process for the possible new library, gallery and learning center building at the former Stella Maris site has begun.
The eventual scale and scope of the proposed new building will be informed through a robust community outreach effort,
operational budget planning and fundraising feasibility studies.
Here’s how you can PARTICIPATE and STAY INFORMED!
LIBRARY BOARD MEETINGS: Meetings of the library board are open to the public and are held at the library. Please check our event calendar or contact library director Nickie Marquis at 315-685-5135 or email@example.com to confirm dates and learn about occasional special meetings.
- Thursday, March 9th @ 6:30 PM. Architects from Holmes King Kallquist and Butler Rowland Mays, along with site planners Environmental Design and Research, will meet with the library board to discuss the planning and design process.
Tuesday, March 14th @ 6:30 PM. Regular meeting of the board. MEETING POSTPONED TO MONDAY THE 20TH @ 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 11th @ 6:30 PM. Regular meeting of the board.
- Tuesday, May 9th @ 6:30 PM. Regular meeting of the board.
- Tuesday, June 13th @ 6:30 PM. Regular meeting of the board.
COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS: Present background and existing condition information on the project and to seek initial feedback from the community; after a short introduction, we will be facilitating break-out groups focused on various project-related topics such as programming and space wants and needs. Please note that the content and purpose of these meetings are the same; multiple sessions have been scheduled to provide more opportunities for participation.
- Thursday, March 23rd from 1:00 to 3:00 PM at the Fire Hall
- Thursday, March 23rd from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the High School cafeteria
- Saturday, March 25th from 9:00 to 11:00 AM at the Skaneateles Schools Board Room in the District Office Building (49 E. Elizabeth St.)
- Tuesday, March 28th from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Skaneateles Schools Board Room in the District Office Building (49 E. Elizabeth St.)
- Wednesday, March 29th from 1:00 to 2:00 PM webinar (log on information will be posted to the website when available)
FOCUS GROUPS: Ongoing with local individuals and organizations to explore community needs and discuss preliminary programming ideas for the proposed Learning Center. Meetings will continue through April and can be planned on request by contacting Jessica Millman at 315-677-1170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN HOUSE: Wednesday, April 26th from 5:00 to 8:00 PM at the Fire Hall. Report on findings from the workshops and focus groups.
CONCEPTUAL ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS: Anticipated in June. Another community event will be organized to solicit feedback at that time.
Funding for the research, planning and design of Project Bookends is made possible by a donation made for this purpose.
No taxpayer dollars are being used to support this work.